Become an Experience Works Senior Corps Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) Volunteer Station
Who is eligible to become a volunteer station?
- A Public or private 501 (C) 3 nonprofit organization/entity
- A Proprietary Health Provider
- A faith-based organization*
What are the benefits?
- Utilizing the time and talents of dedicated RSVP volunteers can help provide the extra support you need to assist with important programs/projects, extend outreach, and strengthen awareness. –at no cost.
- It’s a great platform for networking with similar organizations and among volunteers.
- RSVP provides volunteer insurance, which gives peace of mind that the volunteers are better protected while assisting at your organization.
- RSVP annual volunteer appreciation events are planned and hosted by the local RSVP office and Volunteer Stations can use this time for offer thanks without holding an event of their own.
- And more!
Volunteer Station Responsibilities:
- Provide meaningful opportunities which allow volunteers to utilize their knowledge, skills, and abilities as well as to serve their interests.
- Provide effective orientation, supervision, guidance, and support of the volunteers.
- Have a current Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) on file, which outlines RSVP and the station responsibilities.
- Provide accessible sites for volunteers with diverse physical limitations.
- Maintain timesheets and records regarding RSVP volunteers; prepare impact reports as required by Experience Works, Senior Corps RSVP.