September 13, 2019
Vacancy Announcement #19-14
Grant Accounting Specialist
Full Time Position
Location: Waco, TX
Responsible for providing high quality financial operations services and support to Experience Works offices. Looking for an experienced bookkeeper to assist in managing our day to day accounting requirements. Confidentiality, excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position. Good customer relations, ability to communicate clearly, multi-tasker and reliable and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Serves as point of contact in the state office.
- Prepares budgets, journal entries, account analysis, billings, cash forecasts and associated wire transfers.
- Verifies and approves accounts payable and payroll batches.
- Processes state tax filings and reconciliation.
- Reviews general ledger for accuracy and compliance.
- Prepares and verifies monthly financial reports including variance analysis.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements.
- Provide information required for reports and proposals.
- Monitor and provide information for worker’s compensation claims.
- Other general office duties as required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal directions as well as collaboratively.
September 13, 2019
Vacancy Announcement #19-13
Full Time Position
(This a Work-at-Home position applicants can reside in any city in the State)
The person in this role is responsible for consistently delivering high quality services in support of the State Program Manager, field staff and program participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the State Program Manager to deliver exceptional employment and training services for older workers and achieve outstanding results.
- Completes follow-ups to determine entered employment, retention, and average earnings.
- Prepares accounts payable and supports director and staff with procurement.
- Assist with budget preparation and review
- Assists field staff with technology support if needed.
- Assists field staff in setting up field offices, with travel arrangements, and in planning meetings.
- Assists in coordinating communications with staff.
- Responds to inquiries from participants, host agencies, and others.
- Provides administrative training and supervision for program participants assigned to the State Office.
- Maintains cordial working relationships with all constituents.
- Runs and distributes reports not available to field staff.
- Monitors program paperwork compliance.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Some local and overnight travel required
May 7, 2019
Vacancy Announcement #19-05
Employment and Training Coordinator
Location: Bismarck, ND
As an Employment Training Coordinator (ETC), you are a human service professional. Customer service, empathy, finding creative solutions to difficult challenges, and helping people better their quality of life and attain their goals are key components of the position.
You will be responsible for supervising a case load of up to 70 Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) participants and maintaining strong working relations with the community agencies where they are assigned. Your territory may include all or parts of counties the following North Dakota counties: Benson, Bottineau, Foster, McHenry, McLean, Pierce, Ramsey, Renville, Rolette, Sheridan, Towner, Ward, Wells, and Williams.
As the primary link between Experience Works and the community the job will require extensive travel for in-person meetings, phone calls, and communicating on-line. You will provide case management and training to older workers, recruit new program participants, communicate with partners at community, faith based and governmental agencies, cultivate relationships with the business community, increase awareness of Experience Works services throughout the territory through the press and special initiatives, and collaborate with stakeholders to develop local partnerships to expand programs and services, and communicate with local policy makers.
Being an ETC requires commitment and long-hours that often exceed the traditional work-week. Despite the extraordinary commitment, helping individuals overcome obstacles and navigate through challenges to attain their goals provides personal fulfillment and professional achievements.
Under the direction of the State Program Director, and with assistance from other staff in the state and nationally, you will learn the requirements, policies, procedures and operations of the SCSEP. The job requires a variety of attributes: strong interpersonal skills, empathy, attention to detail, strong ethics, commitment to compliance with rules and regulations, supervisory capacity, a high degree of confidentiality, excellent organizational and the ability to juggle multiple priorities efficiently.
ETCs also serve an important role as a creative problem solver and coach. Many participants in the SCSEP have multiple barriers to employment, which need to be addressed sensitively so they can achieve their job goals. In addition to one-on-one meetings to assess skills and barriers, developing and periodically updating individual employment plans, resolving challenges, and maintaining ongoing contact with participants; ETCs also instill confidence and provide employability and job seeking skills to participants, including introducing individuals to basic computer technology.
Please submit all resumes with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email please include the name of the position and the location that you are applying for. For example, “re: Employment and Training Coordinator – North Arkansas”, along with the VA#.