November 8, 2019
Vacancy Announcement #19-18
Accounting Specialist – AP
PartTime Position 24 hours per week
Location: Arlington Virginia
Responsible for timely and accurate weekly cash disbursements, General Ledger analysis of specific accounts, maintaining a working knowledge of application software (currently Accufund) for Accounts Payable, Purchasing, and General Ledger modules, assigning General Ledger accounts and cost center codes for National Office standard disbursements and cash receipts. Coordinate effort with the Finance Accountant. Review and approve National and all states’ payables and address AP issues. Provide Auditors from DOL, OIG, State Grantors and RSVP Grantors requested data. Facilitate and resolve AP-related issues. Deliver on special projects as assigned by the CFO.
- Assign GL account and cost center coding to standard AP invoices and cash receipts.
- Review National and State Office payables for correct budget, coding, support, and EW policy for approval or rejection. Resolve issues with submitter, CFO or others.
- Ensure approved payables in AP software application and match to payments made.
- Review requests and support then setup organization-wide new AP vendors.
- Prepare payables package for certain recurring or onetime payments, e.g. interest earned payment to DOL and proceeds from large IT supply and equipment sales to DOL.
- Perform General Ledger analysis for specific accounts as assigned by CFO. Discuss results with CFO. Take needed corrective action.
- Research payables in Expense Watch (prior AP software application) and provide invoice and support as needed for Audits or staff requests (minimal).
- Address and resolve various issues.
- Provide guidance to State Office Staff regarding Accounting Procedures as needed.
- Determine vendors in need of an IRS 1099-Misc Form, verify amounts on report from AP system, and prepare the Forms.
- Prepare/provide information for annual audit as requested on Auditor’s Client Participation Schedule.
- Monitor payments vs contract amount as needed.
- Other assignments as directed by the CFO.
November 1, 2019
Vacancy Announcement #19-17
Employment and Training Coordinator
Full Time Position
Location: Douglas County, MN
As an Employment Training Coordinator (ETC), you are a human service professional. Customer service, empathy, finding creative solutions to difficult challenges, and helping people better their quality of life and attain their goals are key components of the position.
You will be responsible for supervising a case load of up to 65 Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) participants and maintaining strong working relations with the community agencies where they are assigned. Your territory may include all or parts of 16 counties in Central and Northwestern Minnesota. As the primary link between Experience Works and the community the job will require extensive travel for in-person meetings, phone calls, and communicating on-line. You will provide case management and training to older workers, recruit new program participants, communicate with partners at community, faith based and governmental agencies, cultivate relationships with the business community, increase awareness of Experience Works services throughout the territory through the press and special initiatives, and collaborate with stakeholders to develop local partnerships to expand programs and services, and communicate with local policy makers.
Being an ETC requires commitment and long-hours that often exceed the traditional work-week. Despite the extraordinary commitment, helping individuals overcome obstacles and navigate through challenges to attain their goals provides personal fulfillment and professional achievements.
Under the direction of the Regional Manager, and with assistance from other staff in the state and nationally, you will learn the requirements, policies, procedures and operations of the SCSEP. The job requires a variety of attributes: strong interpersonal skills, empathy, attention to detail, strong ethics, commitment to compliance with rules and regulations, supervisory capacity, a high degree of confidentiality, excellent organizational and the ability to juggle multiple priorities efficiently.
ETCs also serve an important role as a creative problem solver and coach. Many participants in the SCSEP have multiple barriers to employment, which need to be addressed sensitively so they can achieve their job goals. In addition to one-on-one meetings to assess skills and barriers, developing and periodically updating individual employment plans, resolving challenges, and maintaining ongoing contact with participants; ETCs also instill confidence and provide employability and job seeking skills to participants, including introducing individuals to basic computer technology.
Please submit all resumes with a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line of your email please include the name of the position and the location that you are applying for. For example, “re: Employment and Training Coordinator – North Arkansas”, along with the VA#.